- Country: Sudan
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 22, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Officer
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– Support the Protection Cluster to ensure that protection informs and shapes the overall humanitarian response and that the protection response is integrated into the Humanitarian Country Team¿s common humanitarian action plan.
– Participate in meetings in line with the Principles of Partnership, ensuring that cluster meetings are consultative and results oriented.
– Support coordination with government counterparts and other relevant authorities
– Support the coordination and conduct of Protection Cluster or Inter-Cluster level protection needs assessments, including participatory assessments of affected populations.
– Provide inputs to development of common funding criteria, resource mobilisation and prioritization within the Protection Cluster for inclusion in Consolidated Appeals and pooled funds processes.
– Assist in the delivery of protection training activities for Protection Cluster members, other local partners, and relevant authorities.
– Contribute to initiatives building the protection capacity of the national and local government, partners and civil society.
– Through Cluster-wide consultative processes, provide input into the development of global protection policy and standards led by the Global Protection Cluster.
– Support reporting and information sharing within the Protection Cluster and at the inter-cluster level.
– Support and facilitate the Protection Cluster information management strategy and mechanisms.
– Contribute to Protection Cluster¿s regular updates and briefing notes on the protection concerns in the affected population, response activities, challenges and recommendations.
– Help foster a consistent interpretation and application of international law and related UNHCR and IASC legal standards and protection policies.
– Draft reports and prepare advocacy statements on behalf of the Protection Cluster – for clearance by Senior management.
– Facilitate cluster meetings, work and cooperate with focal points sub-groups/working groups and ad hoc/task-related bodies for specific issues.
– Facilitate negotiation with the Humanitarian Coordinator/Resident Coordinator, the Humanitarian Country Team and cluster members on the prioritization and inclusion of project proposals and common funding criteria for inclusion in inter-agency funding appeals.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law; International Law; Political Sciences;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Coordination Lrng Prog; Tri-Cluster Knowl/Coord Skills;
HCR Protection Learning Prg; Prot in NaturalDisaster Situat;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of International Refugee and Human Rights Law.
LE-Human Rights Law
LE-International Refugee Law
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan