- Country: Sudan
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 22, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Nutrition
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Diploma
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Support the design and implementation of nutrition and food security programmes based on up-to-date assessment and identification of needs in support of national health systems.
– Support the planning and implementation of UNHCR Standardized Expanded Nutrition Surveys, joint food security assessments with WFP and partners.
– Support staff and partners to implement the Health Information Systems, SENS data base, Post Distribution Monitoring.
– Analyse and interpret related nutrition, food security and health data for reporting and advocacy and support the exchange and analysis of information on nutrition and food security at the national level with government and other partners.
– Provide technical assistance on nutrition and food security to UNHCR’s staff and partners.
– Advise on matters related to procurement of sector-related materials and equipment, and regular update on new development and specifications of such items.
– Work with stakeholders, including UN agencies, NGOs, Ministries of Health and academic institutions in the development of Nutrition and food security plans associated with refugee movements (including in repatriation programmes).
– Maintain and update contingency plans for potential outbreaks, refugee and returnee movements.
– Advocate with government and partners for refugees, returnees and other POC¿s access to local public health and nutrition services as well as for their inclusion as a specific group in government policies, plans and social protection programmes.
– Undertake and/or support capacity strengthening of UNHCR and its implementing partners to ensure the technical integrity of nutrition and food security programmes in a co-ordinated, multi-sectoral way.
– Ensure close coordination with other humanitarian actors involved in nutrition, food security and related areas.
– Undertake regular missions to camps in order to support, monitor and evaluate the implementation of nutrition activities to ensure quality services.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge and experience in working in the area of nutrition (including Community Management of Acute Malnutrition) and food security with UNHCR or partners. Proven technical expertise in the area of nutrition and food security assessments and programme design. Experience in the collection and use of routine health and nutrition monitoring data. Analytical and creative thinking abilities with solutions oriented approach. Ability to provide formal and informal technical training to partner staff. Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing. Proficiency in computer software such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Experience in multi-sectoral nutrition programming including understanding and experience in public health, WASH, agriculture and cash programming.
Nu-Food Supplements,Smart Methodology, CMAM, IYCF Voucher Cash Transfer
NU-Nutrition Treatment & Prevention of Micronutrient Deficiencies and Anaemia
PG-Programme Management (programme cycles and reporting standards)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan