- Country: India
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-25
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Associate
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 7 years
- Gender: Both
B. Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination between different stakeholders and their representatives, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Building relationships with state governments, UN Agencies, donor agencies and civil society organizations on issues related to UNDP’s work and mandate;
- Ensures compliance of rules and procedures of Government and UNDP;
- Designs and develops new proposals and new partnerships at the States/Regional level;
- Ensures communication and coordination of meetings with the line departments in a timely manner;
- Prepares agenda items and minutes of the meeting in consultation with the respective Chair and Regional Head.
Ensures administration and financial support for smooth functioning of the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepares budgets for UNDP;
- Supports procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals as per requirement of the state office;
- Organizes workshops, retreats/ hotel and conference facilities service, as required;
- Records receipt of goods in ERP system towards the delivery of the goods/services;
- Manages protocol matters, coordinates with local authority on space and other administrative matters and ensures smooth running of state office;
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports for Government funded projects, as per requirement.
Supports key social and economic priorities of the States/Region:
- Designs and develops proposals and builds new partnerships;
- Identifies funding and Implementation opportunities to support priorities of the States/Region from existing Donor, State and Private Funds;
- Responsible for writing concept notes, project briefs and communication drafts;
- Identifies activities and areas of cooperation to support effective implementation of State schemes or initiatives;
- Collects, analyses and presents information and data on social and economic priorities;
- Undertakes scoping exercise of the development landscape on a continuous basis in the states/region and translates opportunities into concrete projects in collaboration with relevant programme units and projects of UNDP.
Provides support to the State Government in achievement of SDG targets:
- Identifies key priorities of the states/Region and maps it with the emerging national consensus on SDG indicators and targets;
- Provides support to develop tools for monitoring, evaluation and reports progress on SDG indicators;
- Undertakes any other task assigned by supervisor.
Direct Reporting To: Regional Specialist – North East Region
Overall Reporting To: Chief Advisor – SDG Acceleration Team
Reportees to this position(if applicable): NA
- Achieve Result: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Knowledge Generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need.
- Project Management
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience;
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Operations Management
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee he Organization business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
External Relations & Advocacy
- Event planning and execution
- Ability to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP’s overall brand and mandate.
- Public relations
- Ability to build and maintain an overall positive public image for the organization, its mandate, and its brand, while ensuring that individual campaigns and other communications and advocacy initiatives are supported in reaching the public.
Minimum education requirements:
- Secondary Education (High school certificate) is required;
- University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Economics, Commerce, Science, Social Work, Management or any other related field will be given due consideration, but is not a requirement;
- Any other professional qualification related to project management;
- Public procurement, etc. will have added advantage.
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 7 years (with Secondary Education) or 4 years’(with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in administration and proposal development and project implementation.
- Experience in supporting implementation of large-scale Government/Donor funded projects is an asset;
- Experience in Preparation of Project Proposals, mobilization of resources and partnership development is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong policy analytical skills that can be applied to the development and application of methods and tools for SDGs;
- Knowledge of and experience in gender mainstreaming is an asset;
- Knowledge of managing MIS and Data Analysis, report preparation;
- Expertise in partnership development and supporting in resource mobilization from various donors.
- Fluency in English and local language is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here: UN jobs in India