- Country: India
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Officer
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of ICT and MIS tools, systems and applications for PM PVTG Mission.
- Facilitate sensitizations of nodal officers (central ministries/State/UTs/Districts/Blocks) and external stakeholders, on PVTG Mission web portal, mobile app, and MIS.
- Provide necessary support to the State/UTs and Central Ministries for data integration and information sharing and support the development of a fully functional information-sharing mechanism.
- Collaborate with the mobile app developer to create robust, reusable, and efficient server-side and frontend components, tools, and functionalities.
- Facilitate training of central and state level focal points on the management of MIS for the sustainability of data platforms.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of mission data and indicators using appropriate software tools.
- Provide technical support to the MOTA and UNDP team in the selection and implementation of appropriate ICT and E-governance tools and methodologies.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Evaluation: Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks -Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
- Working with Evidence and Data: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Information Management & Technology
- Applications Management: Ability to set-up, develop, support, and maintain applications. Expertise in Oracle Cloud, ServiceNow, SalesForce.com and Microsoft technology and assets.
- IT Research and Development: Regular following new technologies and technical trends, research the technologies that are applicable and beneficial to the organization and develop the systems
Digital & Innovation
- Data Analysis: Ability to extract, analyze and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer application, information technology, data science, or any other relevant field is required, or
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in computer application, information technology, data science, or any other relevant field in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years (with Master’s degree) or minimum 2 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of experience in the similar field – computer application, information technology, data science.
- Experience in network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications is an asset.
- High-level of IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience in gender mainstreaming is an asset.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft .Net technologies, architecture, configuration, deployment, and performance.
- Significant application development experience in designing and building applications using technologies like .Net, C#, ASP.net, Webservices and AJAX.
- Experience of developing Systems/ process for online monitoring of various programs/ schemes in Central Government.
- Experience of working in the Government institutions or other international development organization will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Hindi is an added advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here: UN jobs in India