- Country: El Salvador
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 26, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Category: Assistant
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by a more senior colleague who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
• Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
• Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
• Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
• Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
• Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
• Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
• Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
• Perform other related duties as required
4. Qualifications and Experience
1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field of studies: Social Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Mathematics or other relevant field.
Certificates: HCR Protection Learning Programme.
b. Work Experience
Experience in working with UNHCR ProGres software.
Fluency in Spanish and working knowledge in English.
d. Key Competencies
• *IT-Computer Literacy
• *PR-Interviewing Skills
• DM-Data Management
• PR-Experience in Registration
If you are looking for more UN jobs in El Salvador, please click here: UN jobs in El Salvador