- Country: El Salvador
- Organization: UNHCR
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Job Type: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Graduate
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist in identifying and registering candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return, in line with Voluntary Repatriation SOPs.
• Assist in identifying and registering candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
• Participate in identifying resettlement needs of refugees, in line with Resettlement SOPs.
• Assist in updating the electronic databases for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Process documentation to ensure that persons of concern receive the documents required for their durable solutions in a timely manner.
• Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners.
• Prepare documents relating to durable solutions.
• Enter information into available databases, in line with SOPs.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum qualifications required
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within two years of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by IAU/UNESCO; and
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
NOTE: An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Desirable qualifications and skills
• Diverse field experience.
• Experience in Interviewing.
It is a full-time role (40 hours per week). The successful candidate will be assigned to support the team in San Salvador, El Salvador.
Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses
If you are looking for more UN jobs in El Salvador, please click here: UN jobs in El Salvador