- Country: Congo
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (indicative and non-exhaustive list):
- Contribute to the development of monitoring, review and evaluation plans that will produce the most relevant and strategic information to achieve expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other overall plans and regional), while complying with WFP requirements for evaluation and monitoring;
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making regarding program design and implementation, including by making monitoring, review and evaluation results accessible;
- Support WFP management in following up on recommendations from monitoring, reviews and evaluations to ensure corrective action is taken where necessary;
- Contribute to capacity building of monitoring and evaluation staff and WFP partners through training and information sharing;
- Take responsibility for integrating protection and gender perspectives into all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men;
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for monitoring and evaluating food assistance needs in accordance with innovative methodologies and best practices;
- Contribute to the development of food security and vulnerability analysis as well as the production of reports supporting the assessment of food needs in accordance with WFP policies, procedures and guidance in this area, in order to enable decision-making effective in the development of national strategies, policies and programs;
- Provide assistance in coordinating data collection and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing activities, ensuring effective collaboration, speed and efficiency and addressing potential risks to project execution;
- Support capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct vulnerability analyzes to effectively inform preparedness and response activities;
- Provide support to partners concerned with food security and nutrition issues to enable the sharing of experiences, lessons learned from operations as well as best practices;
- Act as necessary within the framework of assigned emergency interventions to respond within the time limit to the need for emergency food assistance;
- Respond to others as needed for the program.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of multiple statistical tools and methods for food security analysis.
- Develop practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping by participating in multiple in-country assessments, including data design, collection and analysis.
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development contexts;
- Having experience within a United Nations agency or other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
|MINIMUM LEVEL OF STUDY REQUIRED:||Advanced university degree in economics, food safety, statistics, data science, public health/nutrition, geography or related discipline, or undergraduate degree with additional years of professional experience and/or training/coursework related.|
Desired experience :
Have at least Six years (6 years) of experience including three years (3 years) of professional experience, at increasingly higher levels of responsibility, in the management, monitoring and evaluation of food safety programs and nutrition;
|OBJECTIVES ATTACHED TO THE POSITION:
|Provide expert support and technical analysis for policy and program activities that effectively meet assistance needs.
|Languages:||Mastery (Level C) of French, both spoken and written|
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Congo, please click here: UN jobs in Congo