- Country: Egypt
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Assist in the establishment of close working relations with officials in various ministries especially Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
– Keep track of evolving issues concerning asylum seekers, stateless persons and refugees within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
– Ensure that the office is kept informed of local and international developments which may have a political or operational impact on the office¿s relation with the Government, including latest developments with regard to the implementation of the GCR, UN reform etc.
– Inform the supervisor and/or other senior managers on a continuing basis of relevant information on the outcome of discussions with government authorities on various issues.
– Assist senior management in dealing with the challenges posed by the political context, developments with the Government and issues related to humanitarian and development processes.
– Accompany the Representative/Deputy Representative/Head of Office and Headquarters visitors on missions and meetings.
– Assist in preparation for different visits and missions to the Operation.
– Liaise with Government partners and local authorities on behalf of UNHCR, as required.
– Draft correspondence and reports as required and assist in the drafting of briefing notes, background material, talking points, fact sheets, as required.
– Manage budget, when requested, including tracking expenditures.
– Initiate upon request of the supervisor the contact with the relevant external parties on various issues.
– Coordinate with different units in the office that information presented to government authorities is duly verified and endorsed by the supervisor.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
or other relevant field;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of UNHCR operations and good political awareness.
MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Egypt, please click here: UN jobs in Egypt