- Country: Egypt
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
• Verify complete and coherent Service Request Forms (SRFs) are received and entered into RITA in a timely way according to established procedures; liaise with Service Users to update data on their SRFs as required.
• Liaise with the Logistics Officer in charge of Cluster operations or designated responsible staff (and other actors to cross-check data for accuracy; ensure that cargo documentation (Waybills, GRNs, Bills of Lading, etc.) is received, reconciled against requests, and properly cataloged/filed.
• Support field Logistics Officers/Storekeepers/etc. as required to collect information on received, dispatched, and released cargo; and, to resolve discrepancies between SRFs, cargo documentation, and physical inventory of stocks at Common Service locations.
• Register all data, including details of all logistics transactions related to cargo that is handled and transported through the Logistics Cluster coordination mechanism by utilizing RITA.
• Support the Logistics Cluster operations officer to establish and coordinate reporting procedures and provide assistance to logistics staff in meeting reporting requirements.
• Work with the Logistics Officers and the commodity tracking data to provide service users with timely and relevant reports on their consignment status.
• Liaise with Logistics Officers and Information Management Officers regarding dissemination of, and requests for, reports for other agencies.
• Use Microsoft Excel to generate tables, charts, and reports based on RITA data that illustrate cargo flow as entered into the system.
• Assist with the training of new logistics officers/assistants/storekeepers as required to ensure proper management of non-WFP stocks and proper reporting of daily/weekly/monthly activity.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (details to be determined by Post Managers):
This section is optional to describe other duties, skills & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management experience,
• Background in warehousing, transport (uni or multimodal), customer service or sales force,
• Background with cargo tracking.
• Knowledge of an ERP or supply chain management software is a plus.
• Willingness to work in dangerous or insecure locations.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: University degree in social sciences, business, logistics, international relations, communications, journalism or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language: National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Egypt, please click here: UN jobs in Egypt