- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage Cooperating Partners engagement processes and ensuring that latest WFP corporate standard and templates on partnership engagements are used and the partnerships capacity, risks and performance reviews process at the Country Office align with the needs for WP Ethiopia.
- Be responsible in the issuance of Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals and Field Level Agreement awards, agreements and subsequent amendments, ensuring that all agreements and amendments are constructed and issued in line with WFP legal and financial rules and regulations.
- Facilitate the preparation of semi-annual and annual implementation plans budget (aligned to the WFP Country Strategic Plan and Country Portfolio Budget) in collaboration with the Head/Deputy Head of Programme, Activity managers.
- Contribute to formulation programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate programme policy into Regional/Country level practices.
- Provide advice and support to COs on moderately complex issues to clarify ambiguities and ensure that policy and programme operations are consistent with WFP policies, Executive Board decisions, and other relevant guidance.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation, and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Contribute to resources mobilization efforts for WFP projects, including clearly articulating the need for food assistance and related programme opportunities, and follow up on the resource situation of projects including commodity and cash availability, seeking advice from senior colleagues where necessary.
- Advice and support the development of functional training in areas of expertise to enhance the capacity of WFP staff and partner to design and deliver effective food assistance programmes.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of staff to enable high performance.
- Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within a moderate budget.
- Contribute to Country Office Emergency Preparedness i.e. early warning, risk analysis, and contingency planning in order to respond to humanitarian crises and needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in programme and policy; and specifically in cooperating partners management or grant management is highly desirable;
- Strong Experience in preparing agreements with partners and reviewing budgets and reports for management.
- Knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures governing administration.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia