- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
Under the supervision of the ASYCUDA Regional Coordinator for Central East Europe (CEE) and Central Asia, the Information Systems Officer will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to the ASYCUDA-user countries in the transition economies region on the enhancing ASYCUDAWorld and interfacing of ASYCUDAWorld with other systems.
The incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
• Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications;
• Assists in the design, development and installation of information systems;
• Undertakes analysis of well-defined customs IT modules within the system, develop enhancements and specific ASYCUDA-based applications, providing support during trial and testing of such prototypes;
• Providing technical assistance and support in the prototyping, testing, piloting, roll-out, administration and maintenance of all ASYCUDA system e-Documents including remedial actions, as required;
• Undertakes rigorous testing and proving of applications software;
• Maintains assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing, and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc.;
• Ensures data security and integrity;
• Participate in initiatives relating to ASYCUDA system and the development of secure data exchange programs;
• Provides technical advices on the most ICT (Information and Communication Technology) architecture and configuration including, but not limited to, standby/backup databases for disaster recovery and report-generation purposes;
• Assists NPTs (National Project Teams) in the preparation of the national technical documentation, manuals on administration, maintenance and support of ASYCUDAWorld and training materials;
• Organises and conducts technical and functional training courses on the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the ASYCUDAWorld system and demonstrations of systems for users;
Assistance in Project reporting and monitoring system by:
• Assisting the NPMs (National Project Managers) in the preparation of Project Progress Reports for the Steering Committees and national counterparts authorities;
• Preparing monthly Project Progress Reports for the ASYCUDA Regional Coordinator for CEE and Central Asia inclusive of the elements relating to the logical framework and monitoring plan.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems or related area, including relevant experience in the field of customs automation system deployment, development and support is required.
Experience in upgrading mission critical applications in a production environment is required.
Proven experience in prototyping and implementing complex customs information technology systems is required.
Experience in technical ICT programming with Java, Linux and Oracle is required.
Experience in organising and delivering training courses within governmental organisations is desirable.
Experience working in an international environment is desirable.
Fluency in English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA