- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Support temporary and permanent housing searches, home set-ups, and moves for upcoming arrivals and newly-arrived families
- Track safe, sanitary, and affordable housing options in New York City. Research housing assistance programs for refugee clients.
- Conduct outreach to new landlords and property managers .
- As schedule allows, travel to site and home visits
- Help clients prepare and understand forms and paperwork
- Assist staff with clerical and administrative duties as needed
- Communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Maintain proper boundaries with clients, and refer issues regarding employment, social services, and health care to appropriate staff members
- Adhere to IRC policies, particularly those related to confidentiality and client privacy.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English; additional fluency in a refugee language such as Arabic, Burmese, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), French, Nepali or Tigrinya, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Detail oriented and with excellent communication skills
- Display sensitivity to cultural and personality differences of refugee clients. Respect beliefs and values of clients.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA