- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 10 years
- Gender: Both
Direct implementation of the work plan, monitoring and evaluation and other activities in the Source to Sea Pollution Unit.
Takes the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects, etc.; directs subordinates in source to sea relevant Programme/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment, including ecosystems degradation, habitat destruction and wetlands, coastal and high seas physical alterations; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
• Ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies, or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
• Directs research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
• Coordinates policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies,
• Undertakes survey initiatives; guides design of data collection instruments; reviews, analyzes, and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
• Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g., background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
• Manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, etc., makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
• Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Serves as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Ensures effective utilization, supervision, and development of staff; Guides, evaluates and mentors staff.
• Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify
trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
• May perform other duties as required.
Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Toxicology or a related field is required.
A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in environmental Programme management is required.
Experience in developing and implementing Source to Sea approaches is required.
At least ten (10) years in project and Programme management is required.
Experience in the development of source inventories and action plans on relevant source to sea topics is desirable.
Experience with the establishment and coordination of global multistakeholder partnerships is desirable.
Experience with convening intergovernmental expert groups and working groups on source to sea relevant topics is desirable.
Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required
NOTE: ”Fluency” equals a rating of ”fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ”Knowledge of” equals a rating of ”confident” in two of the four area.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya