- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
Description of Duties
- Support effective implementation of the Social Protection component of the project under the guidance of the Project Manager, Social Protection and Enterprise Promotion, which includes the planning, development and delivery of social protection activities under the project, building on ILO’s existing portfolio of social protection activities.
- Promote the standards, approaches and tools of the ILO when it comes to universal social protection for a range of social security branches and contingencies, including health, sickness, maternity, disability and other short-term benefits, with a systematic gender-sensitive approach.
- Liaise and build capacity of the ILO tripartite partners and other project stakeholders for delivery of results as per the project documents in collaboration with CO Dar-es-Salaam, the Decent Work Team in Pretoria and SOCPRO.
- Effectively liaise and build a trust relationship with partner institutions in charge of social protection, in particular the National Social Protection Secretariat, the National Health Insurance Fund, the National Social Security Fund, and other relevant institutions.
- Support the effective planning, delivery and adjustment (as required) of the project budget allocated to social protection in line with ILO guidelines and procedures.
- Support coordination with other UN and non-UN agencies involved in social protection in Kenya, in collaboration with the other projects working on different aspects of social protection and different target groups.
- Liaise in a timely manner with other relevant ILO projects and the DW Technical Team covering the country to maximize synergy that may exist with other ILO core priorities and ensure the project is in line with the outcomes established under the P&B, the DWCPs, and ensure smooth collaboration with the Social Protection Global Technical Team of the ILO.
- Support efforts to strengthen relationships to cooperate and coordinate with government ministries, employers’ and workers’ organizations, non-governmental organizations, organizations of informal economy workers and entrepreneurs and other vulnerable populations, other development partners in the planning and implementation of programme activities.
First level university degree in economics, social/health sciences, development or other relevant discipline/field.
At least two years of professional experience in the area of social policy at the national level. A good knowledge of the national social protection system and experience working with social protection institutions, especially in the areas of health, maternity, disability and other short-term benefits would be a strong asset.
Familiarity with ILO policies, technical programmes and procedures, including experience working with officials of ministries of labour, employer and worker organizations would be considered a plus.
Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of an official national language of the duty station.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya