- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: First level University
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Description of Duties
- Support the Project Manager and the National Project Coordinators in effective coordination and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project, in conformity with ILO and PRM policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and the country’s Decent Work Programme, and administrative and financial procedures.
- Assist in conducting a gender-sensitive market systems analysis for refugee livelihoods promotion as well as assessments of policy frameworks that govern refugees’ access to work permits, sim cards and social protection schemes, and use results to design a detailed strategy to promote decent livelihoods and identify opportunities and constraints to extend social protection of refugees and host communities in sectors and value chains with potential for inclusive growth and job creation.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive monitoring system for the project, including the design of a theory of change, and support the project team in conducting a baseline assessment as well as regular monitoring visits as needed to collect data on progress and results of project activities. This includes ensuring that monitoring efforts contribute to the generation of evidence on social protection coverage of refugee populations to feed the world social protection database and the Global Refugee Forum monitoring thereof.
- Assist the Project Manager in drafting regular progress reports and fulfilling overall reporting in line with PRM requirements, as well as drafting and implementation of communication and visibility strategies.
- Support the organization of seminars, trainings and capacity building measures for various project partners and constituents on entrepreneurship promotion, market systems development and universal social protection systems, as well as trainings to build skills and capacities of refugees and vulnerable host communities as well as their awareness on social protection rights and entitlements.
- Support the identification of synergies with other projects on social protection and enterprise promotion in Kenya to leverage opportunities at the macro-, meso-, and micro-level.
- Conduct any other tasks and duties as requested by the Project Manager, Social Protection and Enterprise Promotion.
First-level university degree in economics, development studies, social sciences, public health or any other relevant field.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the formulation, implementation, evaluation or backstopping of project activities
- Experience with either social protection or market systems/value chain development would be an asset.
- Field experience and / or experience supporting project in the fields of either social policies or private sector development would be an advantage
Excellent command of written and spoken English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya