- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: 2-3 years
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms.
Specifically, you will;
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites to monitor progress, identify challenges, and provide technical support to beneficiaries.
- Support the development and implementation of project activities, including surveys, capacity-building workshops, training sessions, and networking events.
- Facilitate transactions between farmers and retailers and ensure quality sustainable order management.
- Take the lead in community mobilization and targeting and monitor the distribution of in-kind assistance and block grants while maintaining a complete paper trail for all registrations, verifications and distributions for all livelihoods and cash-related activities.
- Organize the establishment and running of farmer field schools in coordination with relevant stakeholders to ensure the sustainability of the approaches.
- Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of value chains and promote innovative market linkages for agricultural products between producer groups and market actors.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with targeted communities, including local leaders, project committees and business dealers, ensuring that they are informed and participate.
- Conduct market assessments and mapping to understand how local agriculture markets work and are linked to enable appropriate programming.
- Conduct regular project monitoring and update the Project Coordinator on progress in the field.
- Support market assessments, mapping, beneficiary selection, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys and end line surveys to inform program design and implementation.
- Raise procurement requisition as per procurement & spending plans for agriculture related activities.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the project PM or PC.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in cash and livelihood Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Overall good knowledge of geography and local population demographics/dynamics.
- Experience with capacity-building and training approaches and methods.
- Experience with community engagement approaches and principles.
- Experience with community engagement and development of civil society capacity.
- Previous experience in implementing Value chain projects (Agriculture, poultry, livestock).
- IT competencies including MS Office.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq