- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
- Collaborate with Head of Programme, Technical Coordinators and Project Managers to proactively identify potential partnerships with local and international organizations, both through the annual stakeholder analysis process as well as through external networking, regular research, and engagement with actors in Iraq.
- Support and participate in DRC strategic planning process and provide insight on historical and current events that could impact program and partnership.
Technical Support – Partnerships
- Work in coordination with DRC Program Managers to do service mapping for local NGOs in field sites and proposed trainings based on the Program objectives.
- Support program and operation teams in the facilitation and coordination of partnership life cycle management, such as partner identification, due diligence, project development, agreement, start-up, implementation, monitoring through to close-out, coordinating effectively with all programs, operations, and finance components.
- Conduct pre-award due diligence of potential partners through DRC’s pre-award due diligence tools. Document the partners’ assessment reports in the standard format.
- Support program teams in the partner selection process by drafting Request for Application documents, performing initial assessment of partner proposals, arranging selection meetings, recording meeting notes, and pre-award due diligence processes.
- Support on the coordination of partner concept notes and proposals, as needed. These will be designed in collaboration with programme staff and technical advisors, ensuring adherence to the country, regional and global strategy.
- Provide compliance support and advice to Finance, in the review the partner’s budgets so that budget costs are justified and aligned with program activities.
- Following monitoring and subsequent discussions with the Project Manager and other departments, recommend financial, administrative and program training activities for sub-recipients.
- Review and feedback on project reporting from partner organizations, in close coordination with Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Grants counterparts.
- Technically advise the Project Managers in conducting kick off meetings, workshops, and program review meetings for partners.
- Add inputs, recommendations and participate in the implementation of the program and the country strategy.
Partner Support and Capacity Building
- Support field teams in the collaborative development and delivery of the partner project support plan, ensuring that it appropriately addresses issues identified in the due diligence process, and coordinate with relevant departments for the timely, quality implementation of the plan.
- Close follow up of the partner capacity building to ensure they are taking place and implemented by the relevant departments.
- Ensure DRC Iraq team understand partner capacity strengthening priorities and identifies opportunities and plans for DRC to support partner capacity strengthening efforts.
- Provide and/or facilitate partnership management trainings, refresher trainings and ongoing mentorship support on partnership management and compliance for DRC staff.
- Collaborate with technical coordinators to integrate technical capacity sharing approaches, including on how DRC can learn from local partners.
Coordination – Partnerships
- Coordinate partner payment process is completed in a timely and effective process with Finance.
- Support effective coordination with the program colleagues to track partner’s program activities.
- Coordinate partners Sub-Grant administrative process is conducted is a timely and reliable manner with all Departments.
- Support Project Managers in the coordination and communication with Partners, to support effective achievement of program objectives.
- Champion robust partner relationship management characterized by core partnerships principles of responsibility, results-oriented approach, equality, transparency, and complementarity.
- Monitor sub-grant compliance of partner organizations with the DRC and Donor regulations and provide periodic orientation to partner staff on sub-grant agreement compliance requirements.
- Draft sub-grant agreements and amendments of partners in compliance with DRC rules and regulations.
- Support in developing and updating the tracking tools and templates for effective partnership management.
- Maintain a well organized filing system of partnership documents, such as due diligence process, sub-grant agreements, reports, Partnership tracking tools, etc. within DRC Sharepoint and Grants Management System (DRC Dynamics).
- Support development of communication pieces, press releases and success stories when requested.
- Facilitate communication between HQ, Regional and Country Team offices on partnerships-related issues.
Direct Support to Field Teams
- Conduct visits to field locations, to support the above activities, including proposal development, reporting, grants kick off, closure, and review meetings, and capacity building on various topics.
- Regular field visits to project sites in order to better understand DRC’s programming.
Where feasible, the position duties are flexible to a degree to allow the candidate to develop skills of his/her choice and may include sectoral knowledge, business development, capacity building, and specialization in specific donor rules and regulations. This can be arranged in discussions with the line manager. The candidate must also demonstrate commitment to mainstreaming Age, Gender, and Diversity considerations throughout their work. The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, with master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least two years of INGO experience working on projects in partnerships with local NGOs, preferably in grants and subgrants management and partnerships.
- Ability to travel frequently in Federal Iraq
- Knowledge of key donor (SDC, ECHO, USAID, UN etc.) regulations, procedures, and requirements.
- Proven ability to develop quality reports.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity-building or training skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Willingness to follow security policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, with master’s degree a benefit.
Fluency in Arabic and English is required
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq