- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
|1.) Provide support and guidance in security management to enable effective UNDP programme delivery throughout the country within the framework of UN and UNDP security policies and procedures while protecting and minimizing risk to UNDP personnel and operations in covered locations.
|Example of Duties:
- Conduct security risk management for UN Security Management Systems (SMS) and UNDP Programmes in designated areas. Assist in mainstreaming security and its costs into all levels of programme design, implementation and delivery by monitoring assigned projects and programmes and providing proactive support and solutions where required, under guidance of more senior security staff in country or region.
- Review and analyze possible impact of security factors and trends on UNDP planning, programme design and delivery as well as the possible impact of programme design on stability and security. Provide recommendations on possible security needs and improvements. Provide identified security support needs.
- Conduct security risk assessment for components of operations in all UNDP areas of operation. Identify and propose appropriate risk mitigation measures within assigned areas, and implement approved measures.
- Contribute to implementation of person-centered security risk management approaches to address specific threats or vulnerabilities in alignment with security assessment results and procedures.
- Contribute and provide inputs to UNDSS in preparing country security documents of country/areas where UNDP staff, dependents and equipment are present.
|2.) Contribute to collaboration with the UN Department of Security and Safety (UNDSS) and the country office security team to ensure that UNDP procedures conform to the UN security framework.
|Example of Duties:
- Contribute inputs to assist UNDSS in establishing, maintaining and updating country specific security and contingency plans in accordance with the UN Security Policy Manual (SPM). Provide security related contributions to Country office business continuity plan in concert with the UN Country Team business continuity plan and in consultation with or guidance from senior security staff in country or region.
- Ensure that all UNDP personnel are included in the Security Plan of the respective country offices being prepared by the UNDSS, which will include working in collaboration with HR and other relevant units to maintain and incorporate in those Security Plans an updated list of all UNDP personnel.
- Formulate and test UNDP specific security and contingency plans in the country office, as needed, and the Country Office Business Continuity Plans.
- Coordinate with UNDSS in implementation of fire safety, first aid, and radio communications training for the appropriate staff members.
- Contribute to security orientation and training for UNDP personnel on security guidelines and procedures, security awareness.
- In coordination with HR, monitor UNDP staff security training compliance.
- Monitor security compliance of UNDP personnel and equipment. Provide advice on selection and procurement of appropriate security equipment.
|3.) Monitor the security compliance of UNDP premises and international staff residences.
|Example of Duties:
- Contribute to implementation of physical security and security risk management measures for UNDP premises.
- Conduct periodic appropriate security assessments of UNDP premises and equipment and advise on shortfalls in security preparedness with recommended mitigation measures.
- Represent UNDP security interests, when delegated, in any common premises that UNDP occupies in the country ensuring that staff safety and security are primary considerations.
|4.) Provide timely and accurate security advice and participate in briefings to UNDP Management and Personnel; and maintain contact with security partners internally and externally to facilitate the flow of information on important security matters affecting UNDP programmes, the Country Office and its personnel.
|Example of Duties:
- Produce ongoing security reports as required by the Country Office and the Security Office in a timely and efficient manner.
- For all security related incidents involving UNDP staff and eligible dependents, participate in coordinating with the Department of Safety and Security (DSS) on 24-hour response and immediately report such incidents to the UNDP Security Office (or Field Security Specialist if present in the duty station) and UNDSS in the country.
- Implement internal communication systems, including integration of UNDP communications into the appropriate UN Security Emergency Communications System.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and counterparts to ensure the safety and security of UNDP staff as the highest priority in planning and carrying out missions.
- Participate in inter-agency security coordination efforts.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and professional communities.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Up to 2 years (with master’s degree) or 2 years (with a bachelor’s degree or formal multi-year security management education) of relevant security or development experience.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Previous experience working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment is an asset.
- Previous experience working for a United Nations organization with knowledge of the UN Security Management System as well as UNDP business, operations and programming cycle and Country Office structure/roles and responsibilities is an asset.
- Fluency in the UN language of the duty station is required
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station is required for local staff.
- Knowledge of another UN language is desirable
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine