- Country: South Sudan
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Support warehouse management, assist the process of the custom clearance of consignments, assist in drafting exemption requests, assist with goods & services deliveries and assist in providing information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and assist in providing reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Assist in the preparation of purchase requests.
– Assist in preparing quotation requests and tenders, assist in producing bid-tabulations from tenders, and assist preparing purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior Supply staff or other line managers.
– Assist in dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and assist in follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Assist in producing standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
– Assist in identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Assist in maintaining vendor and item master databases.
– Assist in maintaining accurate data in all relevant business systems. Assist in compiling statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
In the Regional Bureaux:
– Assist in tracking global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in preparation of regional ones, as required.
– Assist in monitoring all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and assist in providing relevant reports to senior managers.
– Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
In the Country Operations:
– Assist in ensuring local liaison to effectively support the supply activities.
– Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations.
– Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in South Sudan