- Country: India
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
The Project Operations Analyst will work under the direct supervision of HSS Project Manager and general guidance of UNDP CO Operations Manager. Some travel to the field is expected.
The Project Operations Analyst will manage and supervise a core team of four operations support staff, as well as, regional out-posted Operations Assistants.
The specific duties and responsibilities during the assignment will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day expert support to the HSS project Operations Unit and project Regional teams in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, and relevant SOPs.
- Analyse and provide technical advice to the Project Management on all aspects of operational support required to conduct the Projects activities.
- Coordinate with UNDP India Country Office and F Unit all the issues of Project cost planning, allocation and redeployment of donor and regular funds in ERP system.
- Prepare budget proposals and maintain in ERP necessary budgetary controls and records, process budget revisions in close coordination with CO Finance Unit, Project Management and Regional project teams.
- Ensure elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in project budget management.
- Review requisitions for goods and services in ERP to ensure their compliance with budget and procurement rules and regulations.
- Verify requests for direct payment to UNDP CO Finance unit, PO-based and non-PO-based vouchers in accordance with the approved project budget; administer online reporting system;
- Leads provision of timely payment requests and payments to consultants, subcontractors and service providers in accordance with established payment schedules and within the limits of the projects budgets.
- Leads preparation of financial reports on the status of allotments, expenditures and commitments, clears financial reports for donors and provide Project Management with data on budget performance. By continuous analysis and monitoring of financial situation present the forecasts and ensure effective financial resources management and oversight. Analyse and report on Project delivery indicators.
- Manage and maintain the project Petty Cash in accordance with the established rules and regulations and ensure timely reporting and replenishment.
- Implement the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched.
- Manage timely corrective actions on purchase orders with budget check errors, un-posted or unmatched vouchers and other problems.
- Closely liaise with UNDP India Financial unit, Administrative, Procurement and HR Units to ensure proper coordination of actions and activities related to project implementation.
- Manages provision of administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of project activities, including personnel matters, attendance records, travel arrangements, facilitating missions, office maintenance, reception/registry, procurement, contracting, communications, inventory.
- Lead a smooth operational running of the project by following established operational rules and procedures, including preparation of the supporting documentation for contracts and payments.
- Ensures timely contribution to the CO procurement plan, project annual and detailed implementation work plans and reports preparation in timely and quality manner based on the requirements of the UNDP and project donors.
- Coordinates with UNDP HR Unit project recruitment and personnel management; prepare annual HR plan, assure due selection process of project experts and consultants is in place through advertisements in mass media, participate in selection process. Verify the documentation required for the recruitment and contract extension, promotion, separation and other related administrative actions. Ensure duly approved recruitment strategy by the Project and CO Management prior recruitment process starts.
- Coordinate and maintain oversight of Third Party Contracts management by externally contracted HR agency. Ensures accuracy of reports and payments to/from agency, quality assurance of payroll, leave & attendance, travel and assets/inventory handover records.
- Manages data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related data base and files; Keep accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems, correspondence register and filing. Ensures that filing system is followed across the project units.
- Participate in project activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities) preparation, implementation and follow up, take meeting minutes, if required.
- Ensures provision that travel arrangements and authorizations, mission requests, passport and visa requests and extensions, flight bookings and all other matters related to travel of international and national project staff inside and outside India are properly and timely authorized and processed.
- Facilitate and provide full support to project monitoring, evaluation and audit missions, as well as missions of experts.
- Leads accurate and updated project inventory records system and assure that UNDP regulations on the equipment use, storage and proper maintenance are adhered. Assure that the project equipment transfer/disposal is being done under UNDP rules.
- Participate in the trainings for the operations/projects staff and personnel. In close cooperation with UNDP CO Operations team organize development and delivery of series of trainings for HSS personnel on HR, administrative, procurement and financial procedures.
- Contribute to the project’s knowledge management and learning agenda.
- Assure that due security measures are in place with regard to the project offices in the field.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project and/or UNDP management.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business Direction & Strategy
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systematic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities; linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions; Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends: to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forrad look like for UNDP.
- Human -centered Design: Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process.
- Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real client needs; Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests; Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Resource Management: Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
- Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
- Financial Disclosure and Conflict of Interest: Analyse and eliminate or mitigate potential and actual conflicts of interest disclosed in the annual financial disclosure programme
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the related fields with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with Master’s (or) four (4) years with Bachelor’s degree in:
- Providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in project implementation. Demonstrated skills in financial, HR or procurement management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.’
- Advanced skills in data management and systems.
- Experience and knowledge of Atlas/Quantum is a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building and leading skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience working in the UN system
- Experience collaborating with government agencies, international organizations, and community leaders.
- Knowledge of UN regulations, rules, and procedures
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in India, please click here: UN jobs in India