- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
|Support research, knowledge management, reporting and communications:
- Support research and data analysis, compilation of information, and dissemination, including on the UNCT-SWAP and UNCT-GEM, and on UN Women’s contribution to the UN System reforms agenda.
- Support corporate reporting on UN Women’s Strategic Plan Outcome 7, QCPR, UNCT-SWAP and UNCT-GEM, and on UN Women’s contribution to the UN System reforms agenda.
- Support the update of the UNCT-SWAP and UNCT-GEM on the internet and intranet.
- Support the preparation and timely publication of newsletters, guidance, and other documents.
- Support editing, proofing and formatting of guidance and other coordination documents and resources.
- Support the development of audiovisual materials, graphs, infographics and other visual and analytical resources for publication.
- Support the dissemination of knowledge products and communications materials.
- Other ad hoc related support that may be required.
Provide administrative, logistical and backstopping support to the UNCT team:
- Provide administrative, logistical and ICT support for team meetings, webinars and workshops related to the UNCT-SWAP Gender Equality Scorecard (UNCT-SWAP), UNCT Gender Equality Marker (UNCT-GEM), and UN System reforms agenda.
- Maintain, develop and update internal databases and files in a confidential and secure manner, including share point files, survey results, and the online UNCT-SWAP and UNCT-GEM reporting platforms.
- Support the organization of meetings and communications between HQ’s UNCT team and regional and country offices and/or other UN agencies.
- Support the drafting of minutes, notes, briefs, Talking Points, Briefing Notes, and
- Gained knowledge about UN Women’s UN System Coordination Mandate, priorities and work with UN Women HQ, country and regional offices, and United Nations Country Teams.
- Increased understanding of UNCT-SWAP, UNCT-GEM and the UN System reforms agenda.
- Familiarity with UN Women’s and UN system-wide corporate policies and procedures.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to perform a broad range of tasks aimed at supporting the effective and efficient functioning of the office;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and to manage and prioritize a large volume of work at times under time constraints;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships, demonstrating understanding of client’s perspective; anticipate client needs and to address them promptly;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to present information concisely and clearly, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Exceptional computer and IT skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Knowledge of the UN system is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: international development, international relations, gender equality, social sciences, statistics and data management, or other relevant subjects is required.
- Meet one of the following:
a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
c) Be enrolled in a mandatory national service programme of which the internship may form a part;
d) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within two-years of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA