- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Client and community engagement capacity building:
- Work with office leadership and program office staff, with support from the HQ Client and Community Engagement team, to develop, implement, and document a strategy to build upon and sustain client and community engagement capacity and practices.
- Coordinate client collaboration and engagement initiatives, supporting the priority that clients have greater and more sustained influence over decisions that impact their lives. This could include but is not limited to supporting program staff to include clients and communities in program design processes.
- Foster the inclusion of clients and client inputs into office strategy formulation, program development, and funding proposals.
Client feedback support:
- Collaborate with and support office program staff on client satisfaction and feedback efforts, including but not limited to focus group discussions and surveys.
- Understand from clients their preferred ways to engage and provide feedback.
- Support office compliance with IRC client complaints and feedback policies.
- Support program staff to develop feedback action plans, including:
- Provide insight to clients and community members regarding how information was used and the outcome.
- Present client engagement and feedback information to leadership at a regular cadence.
- Support as needed with coordinating additional actions, including internal and external referrals.
- Collaborate with office and headquarters Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) colleagues to create and implement client-responsive and Gender, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI)-informed methods for collecting client feedback.
- Collaborate with local program staff and HQ stakeholders to test, adapt, and/or develop client-responsive and GEDI informed client feedback tools and processes.
- Support and collaborate with program staff to foster equitable client accessibility to input and feedback mechanisms.
Community capacity sharing and influencing:
- Support client input and collaboration into discussions with external partners.
- Coordinate engagement with Ethnic Community Based Organizations (ECBOs).
- Stay connected to and proactively engage with local refugee and diaspora communities, and raise community issues to office leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position reports to: Director of Development
- Undergraduate degree preferred, in relevant field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, and/or immigrant populations required.
- Community outreach experience preferred.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues and partners in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment, and the ability to present to a varied public required.
- Ability to develop new programs and initiatives as priorities and opportunities emerge.
- Solid diplomatic and networking skills; the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships required.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines required.
- Fluency in Arabic, Russian, Dari, Burmese, Kiswahili, Spanish, or other languages and cultures of the local refugee population is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area required.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA