- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degee
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader of the DPPA/LT to UNON, and under the overall supervision of the Team Leader for the Eastern Africa and Indian Ocean Team, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Contribute to the on-going analysis of political developments in the Indian Ocean region with a focus on preventive democracy and institution building, elections and post-election transitions, as well as violent extremism and other cross-cutting issues; and assist in the drafting of substantive documents and reports (analytical notes, talking points, etc).
• Contribute to thematic/comparative reports on regional dynamics on topics including environmental issues, land rights, youth, and the Women, Peace, and Security agenda.
• Closely monitor news in countries of responsibility and draft comprehensive news clippings and other media analysis reports to be shared with management.
• Maintain close working relations with UN Country Teams, and other relevant UN partners active in the region.
• As required, undertake missions in the region to support UN delegations, UN Country Teams, and DPPA projects and/or workshops.
• Play a proactive role in reaching out to think tanks, academia, and civil society groups in the region to enhance the quality and breadth of political analysis.
• Provide administrative and substantive support to various workshops, events, XB projects, and other activities implemented by DPPA in the region; Service substantive meetings as required, including note-taking, logistic arrangements etc; Provide support to RC offices and UNCTs in the region as well as internal United Nations coordination mechanisms.
• Undertake other relevant tasks and assignments as requested.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in political affairs, government, diplomacy, peacebuilding, conflict resolution or international development.
• Prior experience in political analysis and reporting is essential, preferably in the context of Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Proven ability or interest to work with government officials or International, Regional or Sub-Regional organisations is an asset.
Area(s) of expertise
Crisis and emergency response, Elections and governance
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Master degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, or related discipline.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organising
• Respect for Diversity
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya