- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The United Nations Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (UN-REDD Programme) is the UN’s interagency flagship partnership that supports nationally led REDD+ processes and promotes the informed and meaningful involvement of all stakeholders, including indigenous peoples and other forest-dependent communities, in national and international REDD+ implementation. The UN-REDD Programme Secretariat, hosted by UNEP, supports the UN-REDD governing bodies and the overall operations of the Fund.
The main objective of this work is to provide strategic and technical advice to advance resource mobilization efforts by carrying out in-depth research about the landscape and engagement with priority donors; as well as programme management for strategic engagement and outreach, internal coordination and UN-REDD Governance. The activities will help to build and sustain strategic partnerships and continue to support the forest and climate agenda.
The UN-REDD Resource Mobilisation and Programme Management Consultant will be responsible for supporting resource mobilization efforts, and programme management for strategic engagement and outreach, internal coordination and UN-REDD Governance. In accordance with the UN-REDD Programme Secretariat TOR, the consultant will be responsible for providing technical backstopping to the Head of the UN-REDD Programme Secretariat on issues related to resource mobilization and programme management.
This position is home-based, under the supervision of the Head of the UN-REDD Programme Secretariat.
He/she will deliver the following tasks:
• Provide strategic and technical advice on engaging priority donors (support in curating and strengthening relationships with new potential donors).
• Provide strategic advice and technical support for engagement for outreach with relevant actors, milestones and processes.
• Provide strategic and technical advice on internal UN-REDD coordination, including UN-REDD Strategy Group, preparation of briefing, reports and concept notes
• Provide strategic and technical advice to UN-REDD Governance, including UN-REDD Executive Board preparation and options for future Board arrangement
A Master’s degree in social, environmental, political sciences or a related field is required.
• Strong, proven project management skills is desirable
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision is desirable
• Ability to convene partners and facilitate consensus is desirable
• Ability to coordinate a wide range of different outputs and partners is desirable
A minimum of ten years of relevant work experience in donor relations and/or partner engagement is required.
A minimum of ten years work experience supporting programme management in a development, environment or related field, including planning, communicating the results of comprehensive programmes, preparation of documents such as reports, briefs, and outreach materials, and/or stakeholder liaison to promote events and share updates.
Highly developed written skills in English, with the ability to originate, solicit, write and edit complex technical data and/or sensitive materials for distribution to target audiences.
Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues and external partners to achieve organizational goals with a strong client service approach.
Experience working on climate and forests with international organizations and programmes, including UN-REDD is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in spoken and written English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland