- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
The CADRI Partnership through UNDP is recruiting an intern to join the team to develop, design, and layout its communications and knowledge products.
The intern will be part of the CADRI Secretariat team in Geneva. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the CADRI Communication team and overall guidance of the CADRI Coordinator and in collaboration with CADRI partners including FAO, IOM, OCHA, UNDP, UNICEF, WFP and WHO communication experts.
The intern will perform the following duties:
- Design communications products (incl. quarterly bulletins, monthly country engagement updates, country blog stories), consistently applying CADRI’s branding guidelines;
- Design and layout of the CADRI capacity diagnosis reports and policy makers digest;
- Develop communications products and promotional content for global events;
- Assist in the implementation of a marketing strategy to socialize the CADRI digital tool for capacity diagnosis by designing promotional materials (video, brochure, info graphics);
- Design and develop engaging content for the CADRI website and social media;
- Edit videos for social media and the website (including interviews with partner agencies and governments, country work, etc.);
- Support in the design and development of high-level presentations for the CADRI partners and for governments and financing partners;
- Update and maintain the CADRI Drupal Website.
- Develop partner stories and blogs for completed missions.
- Assist with any other communications tasks as required.
- Great attention to detail and proven experience in proof reading.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative taking and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well in a team and effective communication skills with staff at all levels.
- Client orientation.
- Demonstration of cultural sensitivity and appreciation for different cultures and practices.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
(d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
The applicant should be enrolled in a programme, as stated in requirements a) b), c) or d), in Communication, Public Relations, Events, Graphic Design or related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Proficient use of Adobe InDesign are essential requirements. Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects are desirable. The applicants should be able to provide evidential proof of possessing these skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Sound computer skills and experience using web-based applications, social media, and content management systems.
- Proficiency in English is required;
- Good working knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland