- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 15 years
- Gender: Both
I. Programme strategy, development, and implementation:
• Keep current the strategy through which UNEP’s energy and climate mitigation programme helps countries meet the objectives of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change within the organization’s overall mission, goals, and objectives as outlined in UNEP’s Medium Term Strategy; this includes activities of the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, the Climate Technology Centre and Network, and the UNEP Copenhagen Climate Centre;
• Design and plan the overall programme to achieve this strategy;
• Develop new and expand existing activities as logical components of the programme;
• Engage stakeholders from within UNEP, other intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, and the public and private sectors in designing and implementing the strategy and formulating and undertaking the activities;
• Mobilize from governments, intergovernmental funding bodies, foundations, the private sector, and other donors the financial and human resources needed to execute the programme and its constituent activities;
• Review and reorient the work programme and workplan as necessary to respond to evolving needs stemming from the global energy transition, new priorities, and external feedback;
• Ensure close coordination with the operations of the UNEP Copenhagen Climate Centre, the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, and the Climate Technology Centre and Network;
• Contribute as well to the development and execution of the overall Economy Division and UNEP work programmes, particularly by ensuring good strategic fit and smooth coordination of the programme.
II. Management and administration of the energy programme:
• Manage human resources and promote teambuilding within the Branch and its affiliated initiatives, and establish a professionally rewarding working environment for staff;
• Identify and implement measures that support sound project planning and implementation;
• Define and adopt measure that ensure monitoring of progress and reporting on achievements and results;
• Monitor and control programme and project budgeting and expenditures, including from trust funds and counterpart contributions;
• Provide status and progress reports and briefings to the Economy Division Director and other UNEP senior managers.
III. Communication and outreach to partners and stakeholders:
• Ensure efficient internal and external communications with a range of audiences;
• Enhance UNEP’s role in promoting the exchange of information on energy and climate mitigation issues and their links to the environment and development agendas;
• Communicate with partners about common positions and joint activities;
• Represent UNEP at conferences, intergovernmental meetings, professional seminars, and similar events, explaining UNEP’s position and perspectives on energy and climate issues, work being undertaken at UNEP, and its relevance.
• Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in engineering or the physical sciences, energy policy, energy technology, or related areas is required.
A first level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
At least fifteen (15) years of working experience in progressively responsible positions, of which five (5) or six (6) years of professional and managerial experience ideally in an international organization dealing with environment or energy issues, is required.
Experience in fundraising and project management is required.
Experience in initiating and promoting collaborative approaches undertaken by geographically and culturally disparate partners is required.
Experience in the UN system or a similar international organization is desirable.
Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France