- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of the Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM), the Head of the Learning and Development Unit located in the Talent Development and Performance Management Section, plays a key role in the delivery of UNESCO’s human resources strategic objectives, in particular the promotion of a diverse and inclusive organizational culture through innovative learning, talent development and capacity-building programmes & initiatives across all levels of the Organization.
The incumbent will specifically:
- Lead and manage a team in the design, development and delivery of corporate and individual learning and talent development programmes that meet the needs of the Organization within the allocated budget.
- Ensure that new and/or revised learning and development policies, practices, procedures and content are in line with the strategic aims as defined in the HR Strategy and that learning methodologies are fit-for-purpose (using a variety of online, classroom and blended approaches) and impact of the programmes are effective and visible.
- Deliver and optimize trainings in-house with subject matter experts/learning focal points; provide expert advice and guidance to Sectors/Bureaux on the selection, design and evaluation of Sector-specific learning and development initiatives and identify potential learning and development synergies between Sectors.
- In collaboration with the HR Performance Management team, identify with Sectors/Bureaux, individual learning & development needs/gaps and propose career development support plans including personalized coaching and mentoring.
- Promote the increased use of UNESCO’s Learning Management System enabling the delivery, monitoring and evaluation of learning and development programmes across the Organization.
- Maintain constructive and proactive relationships with managers, Sector focal points and experts; effectively communicates and promotes upcoming corporate initiatives ensuring they are used to address relevant learning and development needs;
- Actively participate in HR cross-sectional/cross-thematic initiatives and projects ensuring that the learning and development components are embedded and contribute to building a dynamic, skilled and competent workforce.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of learning & talent development programmes, recommend ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
- Represent UNESCO in UN Learning Networks/Forums; keep abreast of developments in the area of learning & talent development, new trends, products, tools and systems.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in human resources management, organizational development, social sciences, adult learning, psychology or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in human resources management of which 3 years in the area of learning and career development in an international context.
- Experience in designing, developing, managing and evaluating learning and capacity development programmes/initiatives using a variety of learning methodologies.
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team of professional and administrative staff.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, including learning and development platforms.
Skills and competencies
- Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills.
- High degree of organizational and cultural awareness, sensibility and the highest level of discretion, tact and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human resources management issues, policies, practices and procedures.
- Good interpersonal and representational skills and demonstrated ability to advocate and negotiate with staff and a wide range of stakeholders/partners at all levels within and outside the organization.
- A proactive and solution orientated approach: highlights challenges and offers appropriate solutions.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Solid project management and IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of either English or French and good knowledge of the other.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France