- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Within the delegated authority and under the management and administration supervision of Erbil CFO and technical support from NOB ADAP officer at Erbil Field Office , and ,the UNV Youth Engagement Officer will:
• Support the National Officer and ADAP programme team in Norther governorates including (Erbil, Duhok , Ninawa, Kirkuk, Sulaymaniyah) projects including monitoring and building capacity of partners on young people engagement, ensure that UNICEF supported project are fulfilling young people empowerment through LSCE training, including tailored transitions to entrepreneurship and young people positive engagement achieved.
• Support the provision of hands-on technical quality assurance ensuring that ADAP programming are strongly implemented in all stages of programme management, including programme planning/design, implementation and monitoring/evaluation and reporting based on RBM principles in the southern area of Iraq.
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/share information on implementation issues with linkages to LSCE, innovation lab and young people social and business entrepreneurship and social cohesion programming, suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit report to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
• Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
• Support the strengthening of national and local capacities for young people engagement concepts and approaches in close coordination with ADAP programme team in UNICEF; identify and lead new initiatives to strengthen national and local capacities for young people empowerment, entrepreneurship skills, engagement and advocacy initiatives. This includes guidance on region-specific strategic direction, ensuring technical excellence and overseeing the quality of programmatic work on gender equality.
• Provide advice technical support and monitoring to the Government and CSO stakeholders to help integrate youth engagement into programmes interventions, expand networks and partnerships with appropriate government counterparts, civil society, youth groups and other stakeholders for young people – boys and girls- empowerment including tools and approaches that aims to provide knowledge, techniques, and tools to develop skills and changes in attitudes and behaviors.
• Working with the ADAP team to check quality of programming under PROSPECTS grants with government and CSO partners. The level of technical support will feed in promoting sustainability of projects and expanding their impacts.
• Identify and synthesize global and regional best practices and lessons learned for knowledge development, innovative methods to advance young people capacity building and development.
• Liaise, support, and assist field level PM&E staff in overseeing the effective integration, monitoring and reporting. Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual programme reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
• Support and work with local partners in ensuring reporting requirements are fully understood and adhered to (i.e translating the robust log frame into actual documentation and reporting on results according to set indicators).
• Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information. Ensure gender equality approaches put fort by the program are well reflected and addressed
• Participate and support in evidence-based programme/project planning on young people engagement, incorporating robust measurement and evaluation of results.
• Support indicator identification, measurement and performance tracking as it relates to young people skills building and participation in labor market, designing and implementing youth led initiatives.
• Liaise with other UN sister agencies under PROSPECTS grant including International Labor Organization ILO, World Bank , UNICEF and others. Supporting established referral mechanism and criteria for multipliers of collaboration.
• Liaise and consult with sections, government, and other external partners (civil society, NGOs, private sector) to support convergence, and develop and reinforce partnerships in gender programming.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in experience in social development planning and management in adolescent development related areas is required.
• Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
• Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
• Sound understanding of gender equality and gender issues in international development and in Iraq context.
• Experience implementing field programming and monitoring in low- and middle-income settings.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Experience developing case studies, documenting lessons learned, etc. desired;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Fluency in English and Arabic and Kurdish is required.
Area(s) of expertise
Kurdish, Level: Fluent, Required
Arabic, Level: Fluent, Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Education
Competencies and values
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Commitment to continuous learning
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq