- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
Within the Area of Responsibility:
– Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including; incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
– With leadership, prepare an IT Operations Plan and forecast annual IT budget needs; including lifecycle management, application licensing, maintenance, recurring and capital expenditures – providing input to the Annual Programme Review.
– Ensure compliance with Service Management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements – reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
– Monitor Service Level performance targets (internal and external); including, follow up, validation, and audit of results.
– Serve as primary escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents & Service Requests) not resolved within established SLA’s; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
– Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis, and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
– Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed. Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and testing of new IT components.
– Recommend, and implement approved, service delivery process improvements. Define support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
– Maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment for all sites, and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up-to-date.
– Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
– Leverage the broader IT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. Represent UNHCR IT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
– Ensure solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective and that end-user support is responsive and effective.
– Monitor, analyse, and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity in a timely manner and ensure that service owner take appropriate action.
– Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers against SLA performance targets before payment is approved. Conduct/participate in periodic performance review meetings with partners.
– Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management.
– Ensure Audit recommendations and actions are completed in a timely manner.
– Assist in drafting requests for proposals and reviewing support contracts including SLAs, SOPs, and OGs.
– Assist in the recruitment and development of IT staff in accordance with business needs, budget, and personnel policies. Coordinate work of IT staff under direct or functional (dotted) reporting lines. Identify further skills needed for field staff and end-users and relevant training activities.
– Promote a competent and motivated workforce trained to understand and use IT facilities and who implement the correct procedures and practices.
Additional duties for Country Operations positions
– Liaise and negotiate, when necessary, with relevant regulatory bodies to ensure all required permissions to operate UNHCR networks are granted.
– Promote partnership with sister Agencies, Implementing Partners, NGOs and other operational partners in consultation with Regional Bureau/Country Representative/DIST, Headquarters.
– Report on regular basis to the Regional Bureau, Senior IT Service Delivery Management Officer.
– Coordinate with UNHCR offices for logistic support to clear IT equipment and accessories for speedy deployment.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Information & Communications Technologies Computer Science Information Systems
Information Technologies Project Management or other relevant field
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in IT of which 3 spent managing IT service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications, systems, and services. Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement. Experience working with business partners to understand how IT affects an organization and link it to business processes and operational tasks. Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels; to technical and non-technical audiences. Experience working in a matrixed team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organisations. Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making. Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services.
Formal certification in ITIL Service Operations. Experience providing IT services, including deep field locations. Experience acting as an inter-agency IT focal point. Solid understanding of application and infrastructure technologies used in IT systems and services supported by IT staff in the AoR. Experience of operating in humanitarian or United Nations organizations, with field experience. A good understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
*IT-IT Service Delivery Management
IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq