- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
– Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of a community-based protection strategy reflecting the organization’s global, regional and country level protection priorities, and ensuring systematic application of participatory, rights- , community-based, and gender responsive approaches in protection and solutions planning, programming and strategies.
– Support compliance with UNHCR Age, Gender and Diversity Policy, including ensuring AGD inclusive programming, advocating for gender equality and strengthening accountability to affected populations (AAP).
– Assist with the implementation and integration of community-based corporate policies in multi-year and multi-partner protection and solutions strategies and operations plans.
– Support the systematic application of participatory, community, rights based, and gender responsive protection approaches throughout the phases of the operations management cycle and across the work of the organisation and implement community-based GBV prevention and response as well as community-based child protection programmes.
– Contribute to the appropriate adaptations of programmes as a result of the analysis of feedback received from persons of concern, as well as other political, social, economic and cultural developments that impact the protection environment.
– Participate in country level planning exercises and advocates for the mobilization and (re)allocation of funds to the implementation of community-based and gender responsive approaches across programmes and sectors in line with regional and country community-based protection strategies.
– Support the establishment and management of a feedback and response system (including on PSEA) and participate in the analysis of feedback gathered through formal and informal feedback and response systems.
– Support capacity development through training and coaching of staff in the domain of AGD, Accountability to Affected People (AAP), CBP, Gender Equality, Youth, Disability and inclusion of other Diversity elements, and mainstreaming of the CBP approach in other sectors.
– Provide technical guidance and support to ensure data relevant to assess and monitor progress on the implementation and impact of community-based and age, gender and diversity approaches is collected and AGD-sensitive analysis of community risks and capacities is undertaken.
– Support the consolidation of reporting on community-based protection and contributes to reporting on the protection of different AGD groups, including identification of trends and collection and dissemination of good practices.
– Contribute to the development of partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including government institutions, UN, civil society actors, and the private sector inclusive of youth, disability, LGBTI, women rights stakeholders and other diverse groups; for the purpose of advocating for community-based approaches for the protection of displaced persons, including implementation of Outreach and communication with diverse groups.
– For functions at a regional level, support harmonization of CBP strategies in the region and their alignment with global policies, identifies and disseminates good practices, supports exchange of expertise in the region and provides a regional level analysis of trends as well as aggregated reporting on implementation of Community-based and AGD approaches.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
2-3 years experience of working in the field with direct engagement with persons of concern. Demonstrated expertise in field protection, community development, social surveys/ assessment, counselling, or related areas
Very good understanding of displacement and protection issues, particularly GBV prevention and response, child protection, education, gender equality, and the application of the age, gender and diversity approach. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position such as: PLP (Protection Learning Programme), OMLP (Operations Management Learning Programme), MMLP (Middle Management Learning Programme), CBPLP (Community-based Protection Learning Programme), CBP e-Learning, and Gender Equality e-learning. Experience in project management, and strategy development and implementation.
PR-Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD)
PR-Protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators
TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
MG-Team building (development/facilitation)
PR-Community-based Protection – Planning, implementing and analysing surveys/assessments
PR-Community-based Protection – Coordination and project management
PR-Community-based Protection – Principles and methodologies
PR-Community-based Protection – Community engagement and capacity building
PR-Accountability to Affected People – Principles and Framework
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq