- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
– Assist the Representative in the overall management of UNHCR¿s programme and administrative activities and issues of concern within the country of assignment in an effective and efficient manner which supports the Organization¿s mandate.
– Promote, together with the Representative, UNHCR¿s objectives and priorities through formal and informal contacts with relevant government ministries and departments, UN Agencies, diplomatic missions, I/NGOs, media and other interested parties to raise support for the work of UNHCR.
– Assist the Representative in supervising the implementation of the country operations plan to ensure that activities are in accordance with UNHCR guidelines.
– Monitor the administration of field offices within the country.
– Ensure effective and efficient management of financial and material resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
– Manage personnel through regular performance appraisals, coaching, and assessments of staff training and development needs.
– Ensure that essential services for the general welfare of staff (e.g. living and working conditions, health, education, recreation, etc.) are in place. This includes the establishment of proper and efficient mechanisms to assist staff suffering from work-related pressure or post-traumatic stress.
– Play an active role in the Security Management team (SMT) in the relevant country and the inter-agency security and contingency planning process; ensure that appropriate security measures and evacuation plans are in place to protect UNHCR staff, and that security guidelines and procedures as outlined by the Designated Official and UNDSS are complied with.
– Report and provide recommendations/solutions to the Representative on political, socio-economic and cultural developments that may affect the situation of the refugees in the country.
– Act as Officer-in-Charge in the absence of the Representative as required.
– Set and enforce parameters, criteria and deadlines for the design, review and report of operations.
– Enforce local compliance with UNHCR¿s workplace standards.
– In coordination with headquarters and the regional office enforce country-level compliance with UNHCR¿s financial rules.
– Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s human resources policies (e.g. policies on gender, disabilities, diversity, ethics and HIV/AIDS).
– Allocate resources to meet minimum standards for staff working and living conditions
– Clear the submission of the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as of funding submissions, appeals and report.
– Represent UNHCR in UN and other operations management fora.
– Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
– Lead risk assessments and discussions with team(s) to proactively manage risks and seize opportunities impacting objectives. Ensure that risk management principles are integrated in decision-making both at strategic and operational levels. Allocate resources for planned treatments with resource requirements in Strategic Plans. Ensure that risks are managed to acceptable levels and escalate, as needed. If a Risk Owner, designate the Risk Focal Point and certify that the annual risk review is completed and ensure that the risk register is updated during the year, as needed.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P5 – 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Business Administration; Economics; International Relations;
Political Science; International Law; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Management Lrng Prg; HCR Protection Learning Prg;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
– Solid UNHCR experience from both the Field and Headquarters.
– UNHCR specific learning/ training activities (i.e. Management Learning Programme, Protection Learning Programme).
EX-Intergovernmental Organization/International Organization (United Nations or similar);
EX-Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations;
EX-HQs experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq