- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Assist in the implementation of registration, enrolment and digital identity strategies, for populations of concern in compliance with global and regional protection and inclusion objectives and priorities, ensuring that relevant standards are met, and appropriate methodologies and technologies are implemented.
– Provide technical support to staff on planned registration and digital identity management activities.
– Contribute to the development and dissemination of operational guidance, instructions and capacity-development initiatives, in accordance with policy and guidance disseminated by the Global Data Service in Headquarters.
– Design appropriate procedures and systems for assurance of quality registration data and conduct regular data quality and audit checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected, as well as a tool for identification and prevention of fraud.
– Provide post-deployment support and maintenance of the UNHCR refugee systems applications as required.
– Assist the country team to establish and strengthen internal digital identity, registration and identity management capacity and/or that of government counterparts to manage registration and maintain population data.
– Liaise with Digital Identity and Registration Section of the Global Data Service as necessary to facilitate registration and identity management activities in the region/ country.
– Advocate with and support government authorities to establish and strengthen fair and efficient registration and digital identification procedures and systems and that POCs’ identity documents or credentials are recognised for the purposes of accessing humanitarian, public and private sector services.
– Establish linkages with key partners to implement appropriate case and data management approaches for efficient, accountable and standardized targeting and delivery of assistance and other programming and protection needs.
– Support the operationalization and negotiation with government and UN partners related to interoperability of external digital identification systems with UNHCR refugee registration and identity management systems.
– Liaise and actively engage with government, humanitarian and development actors, and the private sector to promote the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States’ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government’s civil registry.
– Support the collection of reliable data and the availability of effective analysis relating to POCs’ registration, identity management and digital identification at global, regional and country levels (as appropriate) including for the purposes of strategy development and monitoring and evaluation.
– Monitor, document and report on registration and identity management activities at the regional/ country level, and report on the impact of support interventions to the management of operations.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Information Technology, with focus on Database Development, Data Management and Analysis;
Statistics; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Certification Programme International Protection (CP-IP)
HCR protection Learning Programme
Training on Emergency Registration
Operations Data Management Learning Program
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Understanding of the principles and concepts of international protection and UNHCR, including UNHCR’s registration and identity management guidance and the Policy and Guidance on the Protection of Personal Data of Persons of Concern.
Technical expertise in registration, digital identity or biometric management systems. Experience with UNHCR’s PRIMES applications. Familiarity with planning, programming, strategic planning, project development, budgeting and resource mobilization. Understanding of civil registration, national identity management or digital identification systems (including population registries) and digital identity technical standards. Demonstrated knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and operations. Experience of devising data collection and analysis. Experience working with partners, including host and donor Governments, humanitarian and development partners.
RG-Civil Registration data collection/processing
PR-Individual Case Management
PR-Protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators
DM-Data collection methodologies
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq