- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
Partnership Development (Due Diligence, Vetting and Contracting)
- Upon identification of a potential partner, lead the partnership selection process through: preliminary meetings with partners, coordinate DRC’s comprehensive partnership due diligence, and supporting partners to submit the needed documentation for partnerships
- Update partnership indicators in cooperation with relevant programme units
- Lead the coordination with Support Services teams to support local partner to implement processes and policies that ensure alignment with DRC standards; refer partners in need of intensive support (including development of policies) to DRC’s capacity building team
- Lead the evaluation of DRC and partner performance to identify long-term partners for DRC activities
- Provide ongoing oversight of partner adherence to contract and operational compliance in coordination with program and support teams
- Immediately flag roadblocks in the partnership process to the Partnership Manager
Project Management and Implementation
- Coordinate, plan and monitor project activities in line with DRC global requirements.
- Ensure the highest quality implementation
- Provide direct oversight and support to partners for their project implementation in terms of high quality and timely deliveries, narrative reporting and financial overviews, coordination mechanism on site and in synergy with other DRC interventions in the area.
- Provide budget monitoring, financial management and expenses control for the projects to be managed, including compliance with minimum DRC and donor requirements.
- Produce and operationalize tailor-made capacity development methodologies and tools for civil society and government agencies.
- Oversee the communication with external experts and consultants, including monitoring of quality assurance.
Partnership capacity exchange & development
- Lead participative capacity assessment with DRC partners to identify partnership strategic goals and capacity exchange needs
- Proactively organise the implementation of the plan with multiple departments involved and provide direct support to partners to achieve the agreed upon plan
- Facilitate workshops, training and mentoring sessions together with the partnership unit team
- Facilitate regular learning exchange sessions with partners
Accountability and Reporting
- Continuously monitor and develop relevant accountability initiatives within relevant projects as well as strengthening the effort to document the impact of activities.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements including procurement.People Management
- Lead and manage project staff members including coaching, ensuring coordination, recruitment, and capacity development.
- Provide on-the-job training as much as required and adapt trainings/coaching to specific staff needs.
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 2-4 years of work experience within initiative or programmes focusing the sectors of capacity building, good governance and/or policy analysis – preferably within a national or International NGO, the UN or Government agencies.
- Master’s degree (e.g. political science, international development, economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive knowledge and experience in capacity exchange concepts and practices in Ukraine.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of CSO/CBO work and their organization trends in Ukraine.
- A demonstrated high-level tutorial expertise – well versed in delivering trainings and/or presentations on the capacity building domain.
- A high-level of adaptability and flexibility
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine