- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
Facilitate DRC partnership unit growth
- Lead and oversee open and closed partnership calls as well based on project opportunities and DRC partnership strategy
- Ensure calls documents and tools are adapted to partners needs and of high quality
- Chair the project review committee and facilitate partners’ selection process
Technical mentoring of DRC Partnership team and partners
- Ensure tools and guidance released by DRC Partnership Manager and DRC Localisation technical coordinator are implemented within the team partnership team and partners, and provide necessary mentoring
- Coordinate with Partnership Team Leaders and Partners to ensure high quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor and consortium rules, and accountability to beneficiaries
- Act as an internal focal point for any issues related to the implementation and management of assigned awards
- Develop a mentorship plan based on the initial assessment to deliver participant-centred individual mentorship;
- Provide support to strengthen participants’ capacities to effectively respond to strategic and operational challenges (e.g. reframing or reshaping CSOs’ response mandate, revision of CSOs’ course of activity etc.);
- Complete individual mentorship by following up on the mentorship plan and summarizing achieved progress.
DRC Joint Operating Principles Implementation
- Act as a technical focal point for the implementation of DRC operating principles and red line framework with partners in Ukraine
- Roll out joint operating principles workshops with DRC partners, and facilitate the operationalisation of those frameworks with DRC partners
- Provide CHS, PSEA and AAP training and operationalisation mentoring to DRC partners
Partnership capacity exchange & development
- Lead participative organisational development assessment with DRC partners
- Proactively organise the implementation of the plan with multiple departments involved and provide direct support to partners to achieve the agreed upon plan
- Facilitate workshops, training and mentoring sessions together with the partnership unit team
- Facilitate regular inclusive learning exchange sessions with partners
- Provide support and mentoring to partners for the development of needed internal policies and procedures
Accountability and Reporting
- Identify, synthesise and disseminate best practices and lessons learned in partnership-building.
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC
- At least 5 years of work experience within initiative or programmes focusing the sectors of capacity building, good governance and/or policy analysis – preferably within a national or International NGO, the UN or Government agencies.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in capacity exchange concepts and practices in Ukraine.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of CSO/CBO work and their organization trends in Ukraine.
- A demonstrated high-level tutorial expertise – well versed in delivering trainings and/or presentations on the capacity building domain.
- A high-level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian
- Master’s degree (e.g. political science, international development, economics) or equivalent professional qualification
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine