- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– Monitor regularly that all contracted service providers comply with the established terms of reference and recommend corrective actions to ensure full client satisfaction.
– Under the guidance of the supervisor, prepare and support the organisation of all events and receptions at the relevant premises, liaising with the requesting units to ensure all needs are looked after.
– Support the management, maintenance and control of official vehicles.
– Handle transportation to and from a number of different locations to support any need of the organization.
– Assist with internal moves and transport of goods and furniture;
– Assist in performing small repairs within the building,
– When required support the daily operation of the warehouse (receive equipment, material, catalogues in the warehouse and verify against the purchase order, for damage/loss and proper record in MSRP; confirm arrival of equipment to all parties concerned; ensure proper storage of materials; prepare standard packing for shipments; inform field offices of shipment details and provide scanned copies of shipping documents; assist preparing insurance documents in case of loss or short landing; assist preparing forms for obsolete/broken equipment of which GSS is the custodian; issue packing lists, prepare shipments, make bookings, and inform weight and volume and specific routing information; check invoices and waybills and settle invoices; assist undertaking physical inventory of the warehouse for all PPEs and STIs).
– When required, support the work of the Mail and Stationary Unit.
– Verify non-PO invoices for accuracy.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in support services with exposure to building maintenance, financial management, logistics and procurement. Familiarity with ERP system supply chain and financials.
Knowledge of United Nations administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia