- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
– Ensure that all new electrical installations in the office and guesthouse premises are done in accordance to the standard acceptable norms of performance and safety.
– Identify and advise the office on any improperly done and already existing electrical installations and undertake remedial action to bring them up to standard.
– Work out maintenance schedules and follow up maintenance on the electrical installations.
– See to it that all electrical installations in the office and guesthouse premises are properly maintained so as not to pose a danger to staff members or to the equipment connected thereto.
– Oversee all maintenance activities carried out on the office/ guesthouse power generators by external contactors.
– Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the office/ guesthouse power generators, including regular checks on the oil levels, fuelling and adding water/ coolant.
– Identify obsolete or unsafe equipment and recommends replacements.
– Draw up a list of spare parts which are required.
– Assist the office concerning the purchase of suitable and good quality electrical materials and supervise all electrical works that the office may assign to external contractors.
– Enforce the respect of established local and international electrical standards for all electrical installation and maintenance activities that carried out in the office/ guesthouse premises by external contractors.
– Carry out the physical inventory check.
– Inspect, test, evaluate, calibrate and update generator systems and wiring to improve reliability and to assure dependability and safety and compliance.
– Prepare reports of inspections and labor and material estimates to apprise supervisors of conditions of property and equipment and materials needed for repairs.
– Train co-workers to perform preventive maintenance, produce monthly reports, and repair equipment.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Power supply field experience.
GB-Electrical equipment installation and maintenance
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia