- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Map and outreach for potential partners through local, regional and global counterparts, to establish an up-to-date data base of active partners in Ethiopia, that can be considered valuable to help WFP implement its various ongoing activities in Ethiopia
- Together with technical units and Area/Sub-Offices, coordinate and effectively plan and conduct capacity and performance assessments and due diligence on minimum requirements for existing and potential partners
- Keep track of recommendations raised from partnership capacity and performance reviews and ensure respective parties are informed and undertake their follow-up actions
- Plan and implement partnerships reviews/meetings/workshops to take stock of agreements (Field Level Agreements – FLA and Memorandum of Understanding – MOU) implementation, achievements, challenges, and design corrective measures for improvement of partnerships
- Develop, compile and maintain a Cooperating Partner Management Unit (CPMU) roster and maintain accurate records of FLA and other documents and regularly update partnerships information including contact information (physical, emails, telephones) and be able to produce reports, statistical information, and tables including contract values from time to time
- Contribute to FLA compliance exercise, and advise on any observed discrepancies on actualization of plans
- Contribute and administer the periodic partnership performance evaluation exercises with the relevant units within WFP and the partners ahead of the end date of each agreement end-date
- Contribute and, put together improvement and capacity building plans for cooperating partners that are under-performing with clear timelines and objectives, including trainings, information sessions, etc
- Contribute to budget and partnership management, analysis and reporting objectives within agreed standards and deadlines
- Contribute to FLAs and MoUs Management Cycle by organizing committee meetings, drafting FLAs/MoUs/note for records/meeting minutes
- Others as required.
• Operational Partnerships are well maintained and strengthened through WFP’s main rules and guidelines.
• Risks related to partners’ capacity, performance and capacities are regularly monitored and mitigated when and where possible.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree or first level university degree with additional relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the subject matter. Exposure to the international arena either by directly working for an international institution/organization; or, if working for a national entity, by way of interacting with international stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Data analysis & reporting
- Capacity building
- Behavioral competencies such as Action Management, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Innovation, Partnering and Teamwork.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia