- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of plans and policies by setting clear goals; coordinate processes for budget and programming activities in compliance with WFP and functional strategies for FLAs/MoUs.
- Review FLAs and MoUs budgets for accuracy, appropriateness, cost containment/effectiveness and completeness in line with available guidelines, flagging any shortcomings and providing comprehensive feedback to the main stakeholders as needed.
- Contribute FLA/MoUS budgets in WFP’s corporate systems ensuring that all budget-supporting documents are available, and address received comments and recommendations before relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference.
- Support the preparation Project Review Committee for call for proposals, analyze ratings ensure cost effectiveness.
- Analyze FLA/MoU closure activities, ensuring actions are taken for resources transfers and the timely start and closures of activities.
- Coordinate and consolidate information for the weekly/monthly situation reports.
- Participate in meetings with internal stakeholders to discuss the operational effectiveness and progress.
- Supervise, guide a small-sized team, coaching and providing/delivering training to build capacity and increase expected level of operational support, acting as a first escalation point on more complex analysis and queries.
- Represent the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups as required, in order to obtain and provide information from a budget and resource programming perspective.
- Contribute and, put together budget plans for cooperating partners that are under-performing with clear timelines and objectives, including trainings, information sessions, etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
• Operational Partnerships are well maintained and strengthened through WFP’s main rules and guidelines.
• Risks related to partners’ capacity, performance and capacities are regularly monitored and mitigated when and where possible.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree or first level university degree with additional relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the subject matter. Exposure to the international arena either by directly working for an international institution/organization; or, if working for a national entity, by way of interacting with international stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Budget preparation, review and analysis
- Data analysis and reporting
- Behavioral competencies such as Action Management, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Innovation, Partnering and Teamwork.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia