- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
- Set up and maintain robust, practical, and comprehensive documentation (SOPs, assessments, protocols and tools) relating to medicines’ management and pharmaceutical care in emergencies.
- Set up a functional drug management system for emergency health programs according to the IRC policy.
- Manage field pharmaceutical supply chain management, including storage, distribution, medicines management within healthcare facilities, healthcare waste management, controlled drug management, software systems for commodity management.
- Support initiatives in improving access to quality medicines during emergencies.
- Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
- · Work with MHNT staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- · Work with supply chain and program team to ensure effective procurement plans and warehouse management of all medical drugs, equipment, and supplies.
- · Manage safe waste management of drug and medical supplies.
- · Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- · Maintain up-to-date stock inventories.
- · Compile and submit stock consumption reports.
- · Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- · Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- · Excellent communication skills, good spoken and writing of concise reports in Tigrinya and English.
- · Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- · Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion, and diplomacy.
- · Ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptive, and willingness to work out of hours, sometimes throughout the night.
- · Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high-pressure situations.
· BSs/MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or Pharmacy.
Preferred experience & skills:
- · Minimum of 2 years for BSs holder and 1 years for MSc holder and significant field operations experience supporting emergency activities.
- · Experience in medical procurement and in pharmaceutical supply chain management (warehousing, stock control, transport, distribution)
- · Experience working in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programs and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- · Experience in conducting pharmacy, supply chain or health assessments, particularly in an emergency context.
- · Experience in Public Health relating to Essential Medicines, National Drug Policies, Quality Assurance, or clinical pharmacy is a plus.
· Amharic, and English. Local language Tigrigna is advantageous.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia