- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 4 years
- Gender: Both
– Contribute to reviewing the internal control systems of implementing partners.
– Contribute to reviewing that IP agreements are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR’s rules, policies and procedures.
– Monitor that a complete record is maintained for all projects.
– Contribute to reviewing, analyzing and verifying Financial and Performance Implementing Partner Reports (Part I-IPFR and Part II-IPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between IPFR and IPR, in accordance with project agreements.
– Ensure that the funds obligated under an IP agreement permit the payment of the next installment or a disbursement, confirming the status of installments already paid.
– Support timely project closure in coordination with the programme unit.
– Contribute to tracking the management of project risks in collaboration with the programme unit, and report major risks to senior management.
– Monitor, track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget.
– Bring to the attention of supervisors and programme officers any significant variances at the office level in: budget execution, percentage of project execution, time schedule, and quality of projects against specifications or terms and conditions.
– Maintain professional relationships with implementing partners.
– Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
– Recommend acceptance or non-acceptance of IPRs and payment of instalments.
– Advise on improvements related to project management and internal controls.
– Contact implementing partners for project related matters.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting, Auditing, Business Administration,
Finance, Project Management
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
Excellent communication skills.
Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
Working experience with ERP financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP).
FI-Financial Accrual Accounting under internationally accepted standards (IFRS,IPSAS,etc)
IT-ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Functional Knowledge
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia