- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
– Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
– Follow-up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure.
– Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
– Assist in logistical arrangements of selection missions by resettlement countries.
– Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
– Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database.
– Occasionally, assist in carrying out preliminary interviews and initial assessments, to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
– Occasionally, provide counselling to persons of concern (PoC).
– Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
– Assist in maintaining accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
– Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
– Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
– Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
– Provide counselling to PoC.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
International Relations, International Law
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of resettlement issues and UNHCR resettlement policies and operational applications.
Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities.
PR-Refugee Resettlement programs
PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures
UN-Analysis of geo-political realities and their socio-cultural implications
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia