- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– Keep abreast with developments in the area of responsibility to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
– Assist in collecting and drafting the required information for the production and dissemination of regular updates for internal and/or external distribution.
– Assist in organising donor briefings and the coordination of inter-agency meetings.
– Assist in maintaining working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies.
– Draft and disseminate minutes of the meetings that are held periodically in the duty station.
– Accompany visitors and colleagues on monitoring missions to refugee sites giving appropriate briefing, commentaries and prepare briefing material for visitors.
– Draft updates, donor reports, background notes, briefing notes, press reports, etc.
– Produce reports on UNHCR activities.
– Liaise with external partners on behalf of UNHCR.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Communication; Journalism; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Learning Prog;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
1 year of previous work experience relevant to the function.
UN-UNHCR Operations, mandate, principles and policies;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia