- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Arrange appointments and maintain Supervisor¿s calendar, ensure attendance and well set up of meeting rooms, and screen telephone calls.
– Arrange meetings with high-ranking officials and official receptions given by the Supervisor.
– Ensure that high-level visitors are appropriately informed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that the necessary protocols are respected.
– Manage the flow of information to/from the Supervisor and other senior staff; identify priority matters that need to be urgently addressed or signed by the Supervisor. Follow up to ensure that appropriate administrative action is being taken by senior managers on tasks determined by the Supervisor.
– Prepare briefing materials for Supervisor for official trips or special meetings including agenda, travel details and background documents prepared by the Executive Assistant.
– Prepare informal translations if required.
– Receive screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
– Draft non-substantive correspondence and ensure follow-up.
– Type correspondence, documents and reports, etc., some of which are highly confidential.
– Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information.
– Maintain a file management system according to UNHCR policies, including general and confidential files.
– Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
– Ensure administrative procedures (travel, hospitality expenses, etc.) will be timely concluded.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Office Management or a related field;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
*CO-Drafting and Documentation
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia