- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 7 years
- Gender: Both
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Blue Economy Advisor will be expected to:
- Planning the implementation of the blue economy and AIM Strategies and development of annual and multi-year work plans and budgets;
- Translating the priorities of the Strategies into concepts and programmes to facilitate implementation by member states and RECs.
- Mobilisation of financial and technical resources required for the implementation of the strategies and action plans.
- Establishment and strengthening of collaborative partnerships and networks necessary for the implementation of the strategies.
- Supporting member states and RECs in the domestication of the blue economy strategies including in policy development or alignment.
- Facilitating monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the blue economy related strategies and programmes.
- Supporting member states and RECs on capacity building required to enhance the implementation of the blue economy strategies and programmes.
- Advise the Directorate on any other technical aspects related to blue economy.
- Participate in routine activities of the Directorate of Sustainable Environment and Blue Economy including the budgeting cycle, development of various plans, reports, meetings, etc.
- Represent, as directed by AUC, the Directorate at key events and consultations among participating stakeholder groups related to the implementation of the programme activities.
- Undertake any other activity as assigned by the supervisor.
The Senior Blue Economy Advisor will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Annual Blue Economy work plan and budget;
- Quarterly progress reports on the implementation of the Blue Economy Strategies;
- Programme development;
- Resources mobilised;
- Domestication of the blue economy strategies
- Targeted capacity building activities
The Senior Blue Economy Advisor will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Blue Economy or his/her delegate/ the Principal in Blue Economy. The Advisor will also be expected to work horizontally with other Advisors and Senior Policy Officers within the blue Economy and the Directorate of SEBE at large.
This assignment requires that the Senior Blue Economy Advisor be based at the African Union Headquarters, in the Directorate of Sustainable Environment and Blue Economy, Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy, and Sustainable Environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: A Master’s degree in Biology, Oceanography, Fisheries, Environmental Science.
- Essential Work experience: Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience working in Africa on issues of fisheries, marine biology, shipping, coastal zone management, offshore mining.
- Desired work experience:
- Experience in supporting member countries in negotiating blue economy related agreements.
- Knowledge and development of blue economy policies and management plans for marine or freshwater resources.
- Experience of working in multinational teams to implement programmes involving different funding and implementing agencies.
- Experience in conducting capacity building programmes within the blue economy sphere.
- Experience in resource mobilisation and establishment of networks and partnerships.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (essential).
- Knowledge of any other AU languages is an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia