- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
OBJECTIVES, MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Objective of the contract
The primary objective of this assessment is to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the status of adolescent and youth health in Ethiopia, with a specific focus on in-school youth SRH. The assessment will:
- Identify the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of in-school youth regarding SRH.
- Assess the availability, accessibility, and quality of SRH education and services in schools.
- Identify barriers and challenges in delivering comprehensive SRH education and services to In-school youth.
- Analyse existing policies, strategies, and guidelines related to adolescent and youth health, with a focus on SRH in schools.
- Identify best practices and success stories in improving in-school youth SRH outcomes in Ethiopia or other similar contexts.
Duties/Tasks and Expected Outputs
Under the overall authority and supervision of UNESCO Addis Ababa Liaison Office and in close collaboration with Chief Education Sector of UNESCO Liaison Office the consultancy firm will conduct an assessment on the Status of Adolescent and Youth Health in Ethiopia with Particular focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health of in- school Youth.
The consultancy firm selected for this assessment will be responsible for producing the following deliverables:
- Inception report, including a detailed methodology, work plan, and data collection tools (to be submitted within two weeks after the contract is signed).
- Draft assessment report, including findings and recommendations for improving in-school youth SRH in Ethiopia (to be submitted within six weeks after data collection completion).
- Final assessment report, incorporating feedback from stakeholders and addressing any additional comments or suggestions (to be submitted within two weeks after receiving feedback on the draft report).
- Advanced university degree (Masters or higher level) in the fields of Health and Education or any other related discipline required for the team leader/ team members.
Work Experience / Team Leader/
- Experience in research and assessment related to Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescent and Youth in particular with in school youth and similar studies conducted in the health or education.
- Experience on published papers, articles, or abstracts
- Experience in undertaking similar and other studies or research with the private sector
- Legally registered firm with a renewed license for the service with VAT and TIN Registration certificate
- High-level skills in research methodology (literature review, quantitative/qualitative research with specific skills on developing surveys).
- Proven experience working in Africa and knows the Ethiopian context, particularly in policy formulation and planning processes.
- Experience in undertaking similar assignment related with health issues of the education sector.
Minimum requirements for team members:
The team should be composed of a minimum of 3 technical members with at least the following qualifications and skills:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or higher level) in the fields of Education, Public Health or any other related discipline.
- Deep understanding of the Ethiopian education and health sector.
- Familiar with Ethiopia education and health sector policies and strategies on health education.
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience in research and data analysis.
- Proficient in oral and written English.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) English
- The Consultancy Firm shall respect the time and technical specifications of the deliverables, shall ensure that the level of English in deliverables is of a high standard.
- The consultancy firm should be composed of a team of at least 3 members
- The consultancy firm should have at least 10 years of experience in consultancy services in the Education and Health Sector.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia