- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: First level degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
Major key Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that all purchases of goods, services, and construction works are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with policies and procedures.
· Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective procurement preparation to support program implementation.
· Carrying out all procurements in line with IRC procurement SOPs as per assigned by Supply Chian Manager.
· Developing and maintaining price rosters for all commonly used program supplies.
· Ensuring that approved suppliers and framework agreements are always used for procurement of goods, services, and works.
· Processing approved purchase requests through the procurement software (online BVA).
· Preparing request for quotations, request for proposals, and other tender solicitation documents
· Participating in tender meetings, evaluations, and vendor due diligences
· Preparing bid opening records, bid analysis, and award recommendations.
· Conducting contract negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
· Demonstrating value for money in procurements
· Reviewing procurement documents for accuracy and completeness before taking payments for approval.
2. Contract Management
· Preparing and executing contracts for recommended bidders
· Ensuring contract executions comply with the terms & conditions.
· Engaging in timely renewal and amendment of running contracts
· Tracking and measuring supplier performances against set performance indicators.
· Maintain supplier performance score cards.
3. Supplier Management
· Conducting supplier due diligence including ATC clearance
· Maintaining suppliers file and documentation
· Establishing a working relationship with key suppliers.
4. Compliance and Ethics
Mitigate compliance risk in procurement processes through: –
· Identifying and reporting procurement red flags
· Vetting suppliers through strict due diligence processes
· Training and collaborating with teams to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
· Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs
The SC Officer is responsible for preparing and submitting accurate: –
· Support with developing and updating the procurement activities (assigned) as required.
· Submit monthly list of commitments to Supply Chain Manager.
6. Fleet Management
· Keeping updated records and paperwork for vehicles and drivers.
· Managing fuel and maintenance service procurements as needed
· Ensuring that preventative vehicle maintenance is carried out to a high standard with minimum disruption to program activities.
· Ensuring that all drivers are briefed on IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures.
Education: First Degree/Diploma in Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred.
Work Experience: 2 and 5 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement and Fleet Management) for degree and diploma holders respectively.
Preferred experience & skills:
· Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO 2 (Two) years’ experience).
· Demonstrated success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement, and logistics.
· Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units, and suppliers.
· Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting.
· Good analytical and negotiation skills
· Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
· Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure.
· Good mathematical skills.
· Excellent analytical skills, Good interpersonal and communication skills, Good organizational skills, and Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia