- Country: Liberia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the Wastewater Treatment Plant according to the Building Facilities Management Unit as part requirements of the One UN House.
- Update and keep records, logs and reports related to work tasks.
- Monitor effluent disposal to ground or surface water.
- Assure effluent is ready for testing.
- Support in the periodic collection of water samples quality testing.
- Trouble-shoot operation and maintenance issues.
- Follow the equipment maintenance plan.
- Read and understand electrical equipment user’s manual as well as perform small repairs.
- Report and advise on required servicing and maintenance.
- Training new/current staff on the functioning and maintenance of the WWTP.
- Support every required work related with plumbing/water supply/sewage specifically.
- Submission of monthly report on achievement of completed activities listed above.
- Support in all water & sanitation related service requests from all UN Agencies located at One UN House Liberia, as assigned by BFMU Facilities Engineer or Officer in Charge, in its case.
- Ensures all work is performed to quality standards and customer expectations and perform other tasks as assigned by Facilities Management Engineer and/or One UN House Manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business management:Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Business Management – Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Business Development – Knowledge Generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Professionalism, Team player and a Good Communicator.
- Secondary Education or Certified vocational training in water and sanitation
- Secondary education with 2 years of experience practical experience in Wastewater treatment plant operation and maintenance, water supply and wastewater collection systems.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Liberia, please click here: UN jobs in Liberia