- Country: Liberia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Representative (the head of programmes), and close collaboration with the EVAW (Ending Violence Against Women) team, the UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Contribute to the set up and implementation of the EVAW pillar knowledge management strategy
• Assist the EVAW pillar’ efforts to improve and implement the knowledge management and information management strategies and systems;
• Support documentation of processes, good practices and lessons learned through drafting and coordination of technical inputs from teams members;
• Serve as focal point for knowledge management and availing information within the two pillars;
• Contribute to encouraging a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaborative workflow with the programme team
Support the EVAW pillar work for the production of reports and other documentation, including policy briefs and other external knowledge products.
• Coordinate the preparation of UN Women’s EVAW pillar annual reports, including all aspects of production, drafting inputs, outreach and dissemination.
• Liaise with the Communications team on the development of visual assets, templates, and other resources for ongoing strategic communications related to key international days and other events;
• Support the EVAW pillar in the planning, production, dissemination and evaluation of knowledge products, in alignment with the pillars’ knowledge management strategy;
• Provide inputs to donor reports and support production of knowledge products by the EVAW pillar as well as their implementing partners.
Participate in building the knowledge management capacity of staff and implementing partners
• Contribute to the capacity assessment, development and usage of knowledge management learning tools
• Assist in the provision of needs-based capacity-building opportunities for EVAW pillar, and for the Liberia Country Office to a wider extent;
Support the process for identifying opportunities for and facilitate face-to-face engagements in conjunction with key events;
• Support the programme team in ensuring that programme staff are sure of the knowledge management processes, including the purpose of doing so;
• Assist in making sure that the right knowledge goes to the right people, and that this information is promptly applied to programme activities
• Liaise with knowledge management leads at the Regional Office and country offices in the region to ensure internal knowledge and good practice exchange and sharing.
• Assist in monitoring progress and learning processes by keeping track of engagements, project outcomes and other metrics
• Contribute to providing relevant coaching, training, and support to champion a knowledge management culture in programmes
18 – 26
Additional eligibility criteria
This assignment is funded by the Government of the Republic of Ireland and therefore specific criteria apply:
– Only the following are eligible to apply: Irish citizens or a European Economic Area nationals with an unrestricted right to reside in Ireland or have a declaration of refugee status from the Minister for Justice and Law Reform.
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
1 years of experience in • 1 year ((ideally 2 years) in designing and implementing communications and knowledge management strategies, including those related to WEE and/or EVAW.
• Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
• Background in Gender and/or the Social Sciences, international relations, editing and production, or related field.
Area(s) of expertise
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in • Gender equality and women’s empowerment
• Knowledge building and management
• Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) and/or Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW)
Competencies and values
☒ Building Trust
☒ Commitment and Motivation
☒ Commitment to Continuous Learning
☒ Empowering Others
☒ Ethics and Values
☒ Knowledge Sharing
☒ Planning and Organizing
☒ Respect for Diversity
☒ Working in Teams
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Liberia, please click here: UN jobs in Liberia