- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
- Under the supervision of a licensed or accredited legal practitioner, provide clients with information about immigration benefits available through USCIS, work with clients to gather documents, and assist clients to complete applications.
- Respond to inquiries from clients regarding case status and submit inquiries on case status to USCIS and/or Department of State (DOS).
- Process correspondence from USCIS and DOS, including notifying clients, assisting clients to prepare responses to notices or evidence requests as appropriate, and following up with relevant parties.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date physical and electronic files and detailed case notes, enter required data in a timely manner, meet all case reporting requirements within established timelines and standards, and assist in the completion of statistical, narrative, and financial reports.
- Represent the IRC with clients, community members, and partners by receiving and returning phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments, supporting events (including group processing events), and conducting outreach for legal services.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality and observe all other ethical practices/obligations as outlined in IRC’s Immigration Program Policies Manual.
- Pursue Department of Justice accreditation by successfully completing all vital training.
- Manage intern and volunteer support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment and with Limited English Proficient populations.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, as well as take independent initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and comfortable utilizing online software and programs.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency or fluency in Dari, Pashto, and/or Farsi strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated dedication to immigrant rights, social justice, and/or human rights based on work experience, volunteer service, or educational activities.
Preferred experience & skills:
- Previous experience with immigration legal or social services is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with immigration software and experience with data entry and management are a plus.
- Community-based outreach and/or work promoting immigrant rights experience is preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA