- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on intern skills and experience, responsibilities may include a combination of program support, administrative/data support, and direct service:
- Update a comprehensive community service map.
- Adapt service provider protocols for referrals.
- Conduct outreach, including development of materials and presentations.
- Network and develop community partnerships and collaborations with other service providers and law enforcement.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of Human Trafficking case management, where they are asked to conduct screening, intake & follow up calls.
- Support clients with learning how to use the public transportation system.
- Support clients and accompany them to apply for public benefits or/and other appointments.
- Interns will gain exposure to case management for survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence and other serious crimes
- Interns will learn about services available for survivors of crime
- Interns will expand their experience providing culturally humble services
- Interns will have access to human trafficking and domestic violence training
- Interns will participate in weekly Safety & Wellness intern group supervision to enhance collaborative learning
- Education: Must be currently enrolled in an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s program focused on social work, women’s/gender studies, public health, business, communication, economics, finance, public policy, public administration, social sciences or a related field.
- Work Experience: Prior experience in case work, working with clients with a variety of immigration statuses, familiarity with refugee and asylee populations helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Strong communication and interpersonal skills, desire to learn and contribute, excellent organization and time-management skills, proactive, motivated, and flexible; ability to take direction (written and oral) and to complete tasks independently
- Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Spanish, Farsi/Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Swahili or Russian preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses: Current driver license
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA